This position consists in assisting bartenders. Our bar back should be able to take drink orders, make drinks and help the bar with whatever is needed.
- The colored polishing towels are exclusively for glassware. If dirty, leave them in designated area at bar.
- The white towels are for drying out water bottles and hands.
- Always keep communication with bartenders.
- Constantly SCAN BAR AREA and guests to better anticipate their needs.
- Polishing water glasses, martini, wine glasses, and snifters, is very important.
- Maintain a friendly attitude and offer a smile making eye contact when interacting with our guests and coworkers.
- Be ready to help provide the best service possible in a fast-paced environment. If you see the floor or carpet are dirty and need to be cleaned, communicate with your manager and help leaving area cleaned.
- On slow shifts, butcher paper can be cut, windows can be wiped, dirty tablecloths can be changed for clean ones.
- Always keep yourself busy and communicate with other team members in case they could use an extra hand.
- Keep an eye on trash on the floor, spills or any safety hazards.
- Go through opening and closing checklists at the beginning and at the end of your shift.
|Keep glassware washed, dried and polished.|
|Prepare garnishes accordingly, ensure the bar is well stocked with napkins, straws, glassware, garnishes, and all other necessities. Wear gloves when cutting garnishes.|
|Assist with making drinks when needed.|
|Wipe down cantina and lounge area, change butcher papers on lounge small tables immediately after guests leave the restaurant.|
|Clear out empty plates and glassware from guests at bar top and high tops after asking them if they were finished.|
|Take bus tubs with dirty dishes back to the dish pit when full and or business levels seem appropriate. Clear out food off all plates and rinse off bus tub.|
|Ensure there is always enough back up tequila, liquor, beers and sodas.|
|Keep ice bins filled with ice.|
|Maintain clean towels available.|
|Keep an eye out on the condition of the water for washing, rinsing, and sanitizing, change the sinks out when needed.|
|At the end of your shift, communicate with host about taking recycling and trash out.|